Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Grandparents Day

In honor of Grandparents' Day I thought I would share some quotes I've found that I especially like about grandparents.


n honor of Grandparents' Day I thought I would share some quotes I've found that I especially like about grandparents.

A child needs a grandparent, anybody's grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world. ~Charles and Ann Morse

Being grandparents sufficiently removes us from the responsibilities so that we can be friends. ~Allan Frome

Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete. ~Marcy DeMaree

Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever. ~Author Unknown

Sometimes our grandmas and grandpas are like grand-angels. ~Lexie Saige

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

They say genes skip generations. Maybe that's why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable. ~Joan McIntosh

My grandkids believe I'm the oldest thing in the world. And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too. ~Gene Perret

If nothing is going well, call your grandmother. ~Italian Proverb

No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet. ~Author Unknown

My granddaughter came to spend a few weeks with me, and I decided to teach her to sew. After I had gone through a lengthy explanation of how to thread the machine, she stepped back, put her hands on her hips, and said in disbelief, "You mean you can do all that, but you can't play my Game Boy?" ~Author Unknown

Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven't thought of yet. ~Gene Perret

One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather. ~Joy Hargrove

No comments:

Post a Comment