Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Suite Life!

Since my dad has retired his morning routine is to login to his computer and enter contests - LOTS of contests. And he wins! LOTS! He's won countless Tigers tickets, a Zune, a Labatts refridgerator/can (or bottle) dispenser among other things. The guy is lucky! (I keep telling him I'm going to give him money to buy my Mega Millions ticket LOL)

Last Tuesday, when T-man and I were at his house to go to the zoo with my parents he received four tickets to yesterday's Tiger game in the mail. For a Party Suite! He doesn't even know what contest they were for he enters so many...

Since their best friends were out of town he asked the hubby and I to go. I was so excited since I have been wanting to go to the new ballpark for years now and while my guys have I have not. Not to mention that I have never been in a suite for anything (ok a hotel suite and a dorm suite - while those were both fun I thought this might be a little bit different of an experience).

We almost didn't get to go. It took me FOUR days to find a sitter for T-man. But I have a great friend who I just recently reconnected with through Facebook who took him. (Of course, right after that I got three more offers! Isn't that just the way it goes? I have no sitter for the longest time and then all of a sudden I have FOUR!)

A suite is the way to go though! I think I'm definitely spoiled now. In fact I asked hubby to purchase one but I don't think that flew too well for some reason (cheapskate). We were the first one to the suite so we had our pick of the seats outside (not that any of them were bad...). The food was all ready to go so we could get something to eat. Oh my gosh was there food - ribs, chicken, mostocolli, garlic bread, shrimp, potato skins (really yummy), coleslaw, salad, popcorn, pretzels, chips, brownies, 3 different kinds of cookies, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Then around the 5th inning they put out hotdogs! (Because it wouldn't be a ball game with a hot dog!) We ate so much!!! And it didn't cost us anything because my dad had won the tickets. The only thing we paid for was parking!

The BEST perk of a suite though is this: NO WAITING IN LINE FOR THE BATHROOM!!!! Okay so once I had to wait a MINUTE for someone to come out of it but we all no that the wait for the public ladies rooms would have been MUCH longer!

I am definitely a suite convert. Now I just need to find a way to get into them more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment